Wednesday, May 18, 2011

rain, rain, rain

Its been a wet week in Kodiak. But I didn't come for the weather.
The ballet on Friday night was worth the trip--About 120 kids dancing-- ballet, jazz, and modern. and quite a few boys!
Eilidh the bluebird on the left

I got a one-month membership to the gym and go there every morning with Balika.
Bella-2nd from left--mouse
Today the rain let up in the morning and I hopscotched to the Old Powerhouse (sushi restaurant) through a maze of pot holes. There seemed to be more pools than road. After lunch we went to take Eilidh to the dentist and Bella and I went to a coffee shop and played fish and war. She beats me at fish and memory. I'm the victor at war.  After Eilidh's piano lesson we came home and I admitted that I wanted to grab my camera and take pictures of the pot holes but the city was grading the road and I was bummed that I missed my photo-op. However a boat was burning in the yard and all the fire,emergency trucks, ambulance, etc were there so, not wanting to take my shoes off, I asked Eilidh to grab my camera.
"I can only find half of it." she  said as she brought me a lens. By the time I got to "The Family Pride" it was smoldering, no one was hurt but the boat may be totaled. I told Vito and Bill that I was disappointed that the road was graded and ruined my epic photo. Bill said, "Yeah, I think that is why the fire department took so long to get here. The had to call the city to grade the road first."
It began drizzling again and I wandered down town and watched bedraggled young, starving eagles in the tree near the Baranof museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment