Sunday, January 2, 2011

Jan 2 blue skies and big surf

Yesterday Julie brought gold fish over to put in the pond.

Driving back from her house we noticed the gigantic waves and stopped at the beach just north of Nesika where she found agates and I took pictures. I was surprised by the patterns made by the spent surf. But generally I failed to capture the spectacular wave action-twenty five footers breaking a quarter mile off-shore.



Later in the day, Locke and I went to Otter Point where he went onto the beach and I walked  onto the point that is made up of black rocks, red clad, grey sand, brown dirt permeated with multi-color pebbles, topped with hardy greens.

Today was cool and sunny again but probably hit 50 degrees by 1:00 pm. I walked north along the beach, taking more pictures and finding a couple of small agates. I became infatuated with the character of the residual foamy residue after  the waves displaced their immense energy.













backdraft

No comments:

Post a Comment