Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dec 30-- sunny following days of hail and rain

Yesterday there were intermittent squalls so I tried a late afternoon trip to the beach. No sooner than I had pulled into the rest stop then hail began.

 The approaching squalls made for interesting cloud formations.



After getting rained out of Ophir beach, I decided to drive to Frankport-fiver miles north.
After another deluge of white b b's, I took some pictures from the road.

Today I found a couple of  hedgehog mushrooms then I followed Steve up to the water tank and we both filled our bags. Mushrooms and eggs tomorrow!
 Lock helped me find the south property line--750 ft south.
Coming home, searching unsuccessfully for more mushrooms, i noticed a clear sky and a warm sun so I returned to Frankport for the evening colors.

Oh, By the way, a couple of days ago the sun came out in the morning and I walked down the beach where the rains had caused a spring to bubble out of the sand.

The last three were on the way to Port Orford, Dec 26th.

No comments:

Post a Comment