Monday, January 9, 2012

week 2

Saturday--Biked 13 miles up and back Euchre Creek in the AM and beach walked a mile or so looking for agates at low water in the afternoon.
Sunday--biked 7 mi. rt to Juli's in the AM for scones and walked the beach for an hour in the PM. 8 mi.
Today (Monday)--Spent 1 1/2 hours walking along the beach and being chased up the shore-line by waves.
 It is so hard to judge walking distances. At times I walk briskly (when there are no rocks to look through), I get to a wash area and dawdle through them hoping to find an agate before another wave laps at my feet. Each charge up-hill gets  more difficult because of the baggage of sugar agates and jasper weighting my pockets.
My walking estimates will be based on a slow walking speed of two miles per hour. So, today was 3 miles. 25 so far this week. Cumulative is 56 1/2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment