Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dec 11 showers

In between rain showers I rode to the P.O. and got out to take pictures of Madrone trees. I'm obsessed with getting a good picture of a madrone--getting closer.


baby shore pine and tan oak
Then I decided to document December flowers.
honeysuckle

Rock rose
vinca

Lotus--gold flash. Loved by the hummingbirds

Rosemary





geranium--no flowers, but cool leaves
And...a black mushroom

 A neighbor's yard, home of an extended family of gophers. Ed trapped three and speared one last spring and I trapped three as they worked through the pea vines during the summer.

During the past couple of wet afternoons I have been repainting living room walls with a water-like pattern of streaks of blue, light grey, dark grey and then I washed it with a diluted sea foam green.


Today was almost oppressive with low dark clouds. I went to Brookings to attend a Progressives' brunch. I never seem to make the events so it was good to meet some like-minded people who had also listened to Bernie Sanders' rant / filibuster / Berniebuster yesterday. The group was interesting and thoughtful and I have an invitation to do the Christmas bird count in Del Norte County next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment