Thursday, December 9, 2010

Dec 9 Southerlies

Sunday was Bennii's birthday. Her daughters, Kiki and Karmen had a gathering with lots of Dungeness crab. How nice to love crab and have a birthday coordinate with the opening of the Oregon season!
Winter rains began again with the arrival of the southerlies on Tuesday, windy and squally yet warm. I managed to get a couple of good bike rides in on Sunday, up Eucre creek and Monday, to Nesika Beach. I took pictures of holly trees and Cryptemeria in its red winter foliage.


Since then, I have been concentrating on finishing my final project for advanced creative writing through University of Alaska, Sitka. It's an article about the Italian bike trip that I would like to submit to AARP. Although the south wind has kept the temperature in the fifties, the wind and the dark clouds have discouraged me from beach walks. I get outside to re-secure the cloche covers every day until more clips arrive, tend to the chickens, and collect about three eggs/day. However,I was able to dig up a couple of pounds of beets.

No comments:

Post a Comment